This is a mishmash of resources you can use for several aspects of your website.
- SiteGround – This is my current favorite WordPress website hosting company. They’re pricier than InMotion. But I think it’s worth it.
- InMotion Hosting – This is the company I used before switching to SiteGround. They’re excellent – especially for the price. Good customer service, fast servers and more. You can’t go wrong with them.
- BlueHost – I had nothing but problems with this company. During one month, my site was down several times. At one point it was so bad they couldn’t even tell me why, nor how long it would be before they could get it back up. I won’t even run a link to them. DO NOT USE THEM.
- HostGator – They used to be perhaps the best shared-hosting company. And then EIG bought them, gutted it, crammed as many sites onto a server as they could, and cut back on customer support. DO NOT USE THEM.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy is fine for managing your domain names. But they suck at web hosting. Tales of their inept customer support and lack of quality control are rampant. DO NOT USE THEM.
- Any EIG-owned web hosting company – Before you decide on a web-hosting company, make sure they are not listed on this page. Like BlueHost and HostGator, these are companies that used to be good, got acquired by EIG – which then promptly gutted them and turned them into web-hosting nightmares. DO NOT USE ANY OF THEM.
Simply put, WordPress is the simplest, fastest, and most elegant way to create great websites. And recently a newer approach to using it has developed: “page builders”.
The best way to build a WordPress theme is to use your theme as the “blank canvas”, and then use the page builder for building most of your pages. Here are my favorites for each:
- Astra WordPress Theme – This theme is flexible, fast and the perfect canvas on which to create your website. There are both free and pro versions with the later adding more options. But you can build a great site with the free version!
- Elementor Page Builder – There are several page builders out there – most notably Beaver and Thrive. But Elementor is the one gaining the most momentum behind it. New features are constantly being developed. As with Astra, there are both free and professional versions. Trust me … this is the page builder to get. And it works seamlessly with Astra!